Please read facts and question before buying, selling, and trading
Facts and Questions
1. How does Trade with Others work?
You have the option of either trading, buying, or selling an item you no longer need. Just upload a picture of the item and enter whether it's a trade or sell.
2. I noticed that Trade with Others gives out free products/items. Who recieves them and how does that work?
You have to be a member of the site in order to receive any free products/items. There is no time limit on your membership in order to receive a free item. Free products are given out on a first come bases. So click on the link and advise us that you would like whatever product that is given away. Please note that sometimes a product may advertise for free and we no longer have any to give away. In the case that this happens we do not give rain checks or replacement products for those that are advertised for free. When we're out we're out. A member is elgible for 1 free item in a 3 week period.
3. How is Trade with Others different from other selling sites?
Trade with Others is a U.S. based website that only allows sells, trades, and purchases within the U.S.
Trade with Others holds your payment until you receive your product or item. Once you receive your product then you release the payment to the seller. Also we only allow sellers to ship products within a $100.00 price range.
4. Is there a charge to upload pictures of items that I want to sell or trade?
No. It is free to upload pictures of items you’re selling or trading.
5. Who can trade or sell on Trade with Others?
Anyone that's a registered member within the United States can sell or trade on the site (unless advised otherwise). Trading on the site requires no authorization. Simply upload your items. However, if you would like permission to sell, you would need to contact the administrator and inform them that you'd like to sell on the site.
6. How much does Trade with Others charge to sell or trade on the site?
Trading on the site is free.
To sell(or ship items) the site only charges a $0.75 fee for any item regardless of price.
If your item does not sell you are not charged any fees.
7. What is the most I can sell or trade an item for on Trade with Others?
You can sell or trade an item for any price (within reason). However, we have a maximum limit of $100.00 for any item sold that is being shipped (or mailed).
8. Why is it that I can sell an item for any price, but when I ship it I'm limited to $100.00?
Trade with Others prefer major purchases be done in person that way the buyer as well as the seller can guarantee 100 percent satisfaction.
9. What payment system do you use for both the seller and the buyer?
Trade with Others uses PayPal system for both the seller and buyer. So, if you're not familiar with how PayPal works please read their terms and conditions.
10. As a buyer how does the seller get my ship to address?
Once you purchase your product/item through Paypal you will be directed back to the site. There will be a "Thank You" page requesting your shipping information (enter info here and click send..). Buyers please be aware that if you forget to enter your shipping information your package may be delayed by 2 additional buisness days. If for some reason you're not directed back to the site for shipping info please send the administrator an email so that we may get your shipping information to the seller.
11. As a seller where do I retreive the buyers shipping information?
The buyers shipping information will be sent to your email address. Also if you have additional questions for the buyer their email address is provided.
12. As a seller what if the buyer doesn't leave a ship to address?
If the buyer doesn't leave a ship to address please contact the admin within 2 days so that we may get you that information. Once you receive the ship to address you have 7 business days to get the package to the consumer.
13. How do I as a seller receive my payment?
You can either be paid via check by mail or your payment can be sent through PayPal. If you would like a check mailed you will be charged and additional $1.00 fee. If you would prefer to receive your payment via PayPal you must have an account through PayPal.
14. As a buyer how do I know that I will get the item that I purchased?
Trade with Others has a system designed to hold your payment (which you can visually see) until you receive your product or item. Once your item is received you will then release the payment to the seller. If you don’t release the payment 3 days after receiving your product or contact the seller advising of a problem with the item you received, Trade with Others will assume that you are satisfied with your purchase and will release the payment on your behalf.
15. How long do I as the buyer have before I release the payment to the seller?
As the buyer you have 3 days after receiving your item to release the payment to the seller (if you have made no contact regarding any issues with the product/item).
16. As a seller how do I know that I will receive my payment if the buyer doesn't release the payment?
The buyer has 3 days after receiving the item to release the payment. If the payment isn't released please contact the admin (with delivery info) to have the payment released.
17. As a buyer what if I receive a product that is damaged or not as described?
If you have any issues with your product please contact the seller within 3 days of receiving the product that way your payment isn't automatically released. Also allow the seller the chance to rectify the problem. The seller has 24hours to respond and offer a solution. If for any reason you're not satisfied with the resolution you can then send an email to the administrator of the site. Please send email to the admin within 3 days of speaking with the seller to insure your payment not be released. If a refund is to be issued you must first return the product/item to the seller (unless advised otherwise by the seller).
18. How long do I have to wait to receive my item in the mail?
Please allow 7 business days to receive your product in the mail. Most products are received within 3-5 days, but please allow 7 business days due to destination, weather, holiday, or other miscellaneous reasons.
19. What happens if I never receive the item that I ordered in 7 business days?
If you do not receive your order within the allotted time please contact the administrator and advise that you have not received your order. Once the admin confirms your order not received you will automatically receive a refund.
20. Will I be refunded the full amount that I paid for a product/item?
You will receive the full amount (minus service fee ($0.75).
21. Will Trade with Others give a refund if I have an issue with an item that I received?
Trade with Others act as a mediator between you and the seller and we will contact the seller and ask for a full or partial refund on your behalf. However, Trade with Others does not offer a refund (the seller does).
22. What happens to the seller if I lodge a complaint against them for issues with an item received?
If you are issued a refund or the seller rectifies the situation the seller will be given a warning. However, if there are 3 complaints against the seller in a 1 month period, the seller’s ability to sell will be deactivated.
23. How long will the sellers account be deactivated?
Trade with Others doesn't have a set time on the deactivation period. It depends on your history with the site and the reason for deactivation.
24. If my account is deactivated can't I just register under a different user name?
If Trade with Others finds out you have registered under a new user name with a deactivated seller account, your ip address may be blocked from the site.
25. My selling account has been deactivated can I still trade on the site?
Yes. You can still trade without the ability of being able to sell.
26. I purchased something from one of your sellers outside the site and they refuse to give me a refund. Can you please help me?
Trade with Others is not responsible for any transactions made outside the website.
27. How does trading on the site work?
We prefer members to trade items in person (since there is no money involved with a trade). That way each party can inspect the item being trading. Trade with Others holds no responsibility for items being trading on or off the site. Please meet in a safe mutual location to swap items.
28. How is Trade with Others different from other selling sites?
Trade with Others is a U.S. based website that only allows sells,trades, and purchases within the U.S. Trade with Others holds your payment until you receive your product or item. Once you receive your product then you release the payment to the seller. Also we only allow sellers to ship products within a $100.00 price range.
29. How do I contact the administrator of the site?
At the bottom of the website there is a contact us page with an email address. Send any concerns you may have to that email address. Please include your member name so that we know who you are.
30. What if I'm dissatisfied with a person or experience on Trade with Others?
If you are dissatisfied for any reason please send an email to the administrator and we will do our best to solve any issues that you may have. If you're still unhappy after being contacted by the admin. Your only recourse as a consumer or member is too discontinue using the website. We would love to be able to solve everyone’s issues, but we realize that's not always possible.